Monday, January 14, 2013

Snow & Week 2 of Project Life 365

* As of January 2013, this blog has moved to TopFloorTreasures.com - please update your bookmarks and/or subscribe to the newsletter.

Last week was a bit odd here at Top Floor Treasures HQ. My daughter was ill and off school so my work has taken a bit of a back seat, but I still got some sales through my Etsy shop without even trying, so that's good news!

I've been continuing with Project Life 365, and got my daughter involved in it too. She is 14 and takes some lovely photos, if you'd like a look at hers, you can see them by clicking here.

Here are my own snaps for the last 7 days with the inspiration prompts underneath. The links will take you to the full size photos on Flickr.


1. 7/365 ~ Simplicity  ~ A close-up of part of an art journal page (which I will show you all of very soon!) 
2. 6/365 ~ Still Life ~ A small selection of my art supplies 
3. 8/365 ~ Front Door ~ Yep, that's my front door. Really ugly, no window.  
4. 9/365 ~ In A Drawer ~ Washi tapes, Smash tapes, pens and pencil cases.
5. 10/365 ~ Game ~ We have a LOT of games in this house, but I thought I'd choose one of the most simple games of all: playing cards.
6. 11/365 ~ Signature ~ This is a piece I've been working on the last couple of weeks, a mixed media collage. I've been recording myself as I worked on it and will have the video ready to show you soon!
7. 12/365 ~ Mini ~ Small pieces of art, a couple of ACEO originals measuring 2.5 x 3.5 inches each.
8. Join me on Project Life 365!

Yesterday afternoon we went on a chilly walk in the frosty forest, it was amazingly quiet and almost dark by the time we left. I love walking through the forest, we know it like the back of our hands but it seems to look so different every time we go. Always something new to see or discover.


But today we have the long-awaited snow! Alas, I'm not in the forest to take photos, so here's a pic from the same forest when it snowed there last year.


Beautiful! I hope we get lots more snow so we can go and play in the forest again, it was so much fun last year.

Is it snowing where you are? Do you love it or hate it?


4 comments:

  1. No snow here in Somerset but forecast some for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you get some I hope it brings fun and not hassle for you :)

      Delete
  2. Loads in Herts! Enjoying looking at your Project Life 365 pics. I think mine would be Project Life 12! Once a month would be about all I'd manage! Hope your daughter's feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loads, eh? I hope you've been out and built a snowman ;) Thanks for the comment re: my pics, I'm amazed I've carried it on this long to be honest! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...